SUGGESTED INVESTIGATORY PROJECTS
CLASS XII- May 26-2012
1 To study various factors on which the internal resistance/emf of a cell depends.
2. To study the variations, in current flowing, in a circuit containing a LDR, because of a variation.
(a) in the power of the incandescent lamp, used to 'illuminate' the LDR. (Keeping all the lamps
at a fixed distance).
(b) in the distance of a incandescent lamp, (of fixed power), used to 'illuminate' the LDR.
3. To find the refractive indices of (a) water (b) oil (transparent) using a plane mirror, a equiconvex
lens, (made from a glass of known refractive index) and an adjustable object needle.
4. To design an appropriate logic gate combinatin for a given truth table.
5. To investigate the relation between the ratio of
(i) output and input voltage and
(ii) number of turns in the secondary coil and primary coil of a self designed transformer.
6. To investigate the dependence, of the angle of deviation, on the angle of incidence, using a hollow
prism filled, one by one, with different transparent fluids.
7. To estimate the charge induced on each one of the two identical styro foam (or pith) balls suspended
in a vertical plane by making use of Coulomb's law.
8. To set up a common base transistor circuit and to study its input and output characteristic and to
calculate its current gain.
9. To study the factor, on which the self inductance, of a coil, depends, by observing the effect of
this coil, when put in series with a resistor/(bulb) in a circuit fed up by an a.c. source of adjustable
10. To construct a switch using a transistor and to draw the graph between the input and output
voltage and mark the cut-off, saturation and active regions.
11. To study the earth's magnatic field using a tanagent galvanometer.